Information Regarding the Partial Re-Opening of Our Office
First of all, a sincere thank you to all our clients who have been flexible, understanding, and patient during this particularly challenging time. We are happy to announce that we are partially re-opening beginning June 1. For the safety of our staff and clients, we are strictly adhering to state guidelines concerning social distancing and cleanliness. We ask for your cooperation as we resume mediation sessions in the office. Below we have written some guidance on what clients can expect, and we have answered some frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to call the office at (858) 736-2411.
Scheduling an Appointment In-Person
- Beginning on June 1, 2020, we will start seeing a LIMITED number of clients in the office for in-person mediations.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing and time for cleaning between clients. To ensure safety, we may have fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Only one mediator and one couple will be in the office at a time to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Payments will be taken and entered online even if the clients are in person so that there is no contact with the cards or payment machine unless the parties have arranged a different way of making contactless payments before the mediation session.
- All consults will continue to be conducted on ZOOM or by phone only.
- We will only meet with clients in person if both parties are comfortable coming into the office in person. If not, then all meetings will continue to take place online. If one party does not want to come in physically, we do not want them to feel pressured to do so. Nor do we want them to feel the party coming into the office will have communications with the neutral that may create a perceived alliance.
Basic Office Guidelines
- If you are sick, please call the office or email your mediator to reschedule your appointment, even if it is within the 24 hours, we will not be charging cancelation fees at this time.
- Anyone entering the office must wear a mask at all times they are in the same room as another person.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will be asked some screening questions when you arrive for your appointment.
- Anyone entering the office will have their temperature taken. If 100 degrees or more, they will not be allowed to enter.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, food, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Please bring a snack if you need one.
- We will only have water and coffee as an available beverage for clients at this time.
- All mediations will only take place in the conference room until further notice, to allow for social distancing.
- Only the two clients will be allowed in the office at a time, no additional people (including children) will be allowed into the office.
- Please bring a pen and paper. We will have some single-use pens, but we do recommend bringing your own for note-taking.
- Our landlord has provided us with information that they will be cleaning public spaces and bathrooms frequently.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact our office at (858) 736-2411. We understand that some of these changes may be inconvenient, but we appreciate your cooperation in keeping both you and us safe during this difficult time.